21 March 2009

Peanut Butter Lovers

I found the recipe for these Peanut Butter Bars somewhere online the summer before I went to college. I remember the first time I made them; our friends had organized a potluck picnic and I had nothing to do all day before it began. So, I looked up a recipe and found this one; they were a huge hit. One guy in particular ate half the pan.

Look how dense these things are


On repeats of this recipe, the same thing always happens; everyone tries one and one person in particular eats five or six. The point is, they're very good and fairly easy, although I don't make them very often. These bars are dense, chewy, creamy, and above all, very very peanut butter-y.

And check out the little bitty peanuts


Peanut Butter Bars
Makes 8 large or 16 regular bars

1 1/4 cups creamy or crunchy peanut butter (I usually do a combination of the two)
1 1/2 cups firmly-packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, extrememly softened
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking pan.

Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and butter in a large bowl; mix until smooth. Stir in eggs and beat until well mixed.

In another bowl, combine cinnamon, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until completely combined.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides.

No comments: